Room Hire Terms and Conditions
General Conditions of Letting
All bookings are accepted on the basis that they are only provisional until payment has been received in advance of the room booking date. An invoice for your provisional booking will be sent within two working days. Once the invoice has been paid your booking will be confirmed and the cancellation policy will apply.
In these conditions of hire:
“The Hirer” means the person signing the contract for hire. Where an organisation is names in the contract that organisation shall also be considered the hirer and shall be jointly liable with the person who signed the contract.
“The Premises” means the building or part of the building booked and referred to in the contract.
“The period of Hire” means the date(s) and time(s) for hire referred to in the booking form, contract and other correspondence
“The Authorised Officer” means the Booking Manager or any person(s) nominated by him/her.
- The hirer shall not use the premises or permit the premises to be used for any other purpose other than for the purpose or purposes specified at the time of booking. Please note room hire runs alongside normal working hours of:
- Butterwick Bishop/Seven Wellbeing 08:00 – 17:00 (Monday – Friday)
- Butterwick Bishop Auckland 09:00 – 17:00 (Monday – Friday)
Access to these rooms will be granted during these hours. Rooms may be hired outside of these hours with prior consent and will be subject to extra charges.
- The hirer shall take good care of, and shall not damage or permit any damage to be done to the premises or any part of the premises. Any damage will be made good by Butterwick at the cost of the hirer and the hirer will inform the Booking Manager of any such damage as soon as practical and this shall be confirmed in writing within 24 hours of its discovery. The cost of such damage will be certified by the Authorised Officer whose decision shall be final.
- In reference to the Physio room at Butterwick Bishop Auckland the hirer:
- Must have the relevant indemnities and public liability insurances which must be presented for evidence when hiring the room
- Is liable for any damage to or loss of the equipment/rooms or furnishings (whether yours or ours). In the event of damage or loss to our furniture, rooms or equipment, The Booking Manager will send you an invoice for the cost of repair and/or replacement which must be paid within 7 days.
- Must not charge, disconnect, change, or tamper with any of the equipment in the Room. In the event of any technical problems, Butterwick staff will endeavour to rectify any issue.
- Must not move furniture or equipment to your room from any other part of our premises without prior written consent.
- The hirer shall be liable for, and shall indemnify Butterwick against all actions, proceedings, claims, damages, charges, cost and expenses whatsoever brought or made against Butterwick in respect to any personal injury to or the death of any persons arising out of or in the course of the hire of the premises by the hirer, unless due to negligence of Butterwick.
- The Authorised Officer or other employees of Butterwick can refuse right of entry at any time during the hire period
- The Hirer, employees, agents and contractors shall, during the period of hire and at other such times as they, or any of them shall be in the premises for the purpose of the hiring shall comply with all requirements of the Authorise Officer
- The hirer, employees, agents and contractors shall, during the period of hire at and such other times as they or any of them shall be in the premises for the purposes of the hiring comply with all requirements of the Authorised Officer.
- The hirer shall, during the period of hire be responsible for:
- The efficient supervision of the premises, including the orderly and safe admission and departure of persons to and from the premises and assisting the Authorised Officer in the orderly and safe clearance of the premises in the event of an emergency.
- Keeping the premises safe and ensuring good order and decency is maintained
- Keeping the conditions imposed from time to time by the fire officer and ensuring that all doors giving exit from the premises shall be kept unlocked and unobstructed and immediately available for exit during the whole time the premises are in use and no obstruction shall be in place or allows to remain in any corridor giving access to the premises.
- No animal, other than as assistance dog, may be brought onto the or into the building without the prior consent of the Authorised Officer
- The hirer, service agents and contractors and others allowed onto the premised by reason of its hire shall leave the premises by the expiry of the hire period. If they have not, the hirer will be authorised to pay Butterwick a surcharge amounting to the Butterwick normal hire charge for the premises until said premises have been cleared
- No alterations or additions to the premises shall be carried out; this includes but is not limited to re-decoration/fixtures/fittings/nails etc.
- The use of any equipment provided by Butterwick is at the risk of the hirer and Butterwick will not accept any liability or responsibility for it unless any damage to it is due solely to the negligence of Butterwick or its employees
- The hirer shall be wholly liable and responsible for any loss or damage to the premises or any part of it (including fixtures and fittings) or to any of Butterwick equipment used by the person(s) permitted on the premises by reason of the said person(s) hire.
- No furnishings or furniture shall be removed by the hirer
- No bills/placards/notices or posters of any description shall be posted on or against any part of the interior or exterior of the premises
- The hirer:
- Shall not permit the use of any naked lights
- Shall not bring or permit to be brought onto the premises any weapons., inflammable material, fireworks or other pyrotechnics for usage of any kind
- Shall not bring or permit to be brought onto the premises any electrical appliance or additional lighting effect without prior written consent. Any such equipment will need to be inspected and approved by a competent electrical engineer approved by Butterwick prior to the room hire.
- Alcohol and drugs may not be brought onto the premises and cannot be consumed on these premises.
- The hirer shall not be entitled to grant sound, television broadcasting or filming rights.
- Butterwick will, at their own expense provide normal heating and lighting on the premises but shall not be responsible for any failure thereof or defect to the heating and/or lighting or loss or damage resulting therefrom unless due solely to their negligence of their staff.
- The hirer shall not assign or sub-let any interest in the premises or any part of it and shall not use the premises for any other purpose than set out in the contract.
- The hirer shall observe and comply with the terms, conditions, restrictions and requirements of any Act of Parliament, Statutory Instrument , Regulations or licence under which the premises or any part therefore may be used and shall not do or permit to be done, or permitted in or about the premises any act or thing whereby such Act of Parliament, Statutory Instrument, Regulations or Licence may be liable to be suspended or forfeited or the renewal or transfer thereof refused or endangered and shall indemnify costs or expenses that may be incurred by then or them owing to the breach, non-observance or non-performance of any such terms/conditions and restrictions and requirements aforesaid.
- Bookings cancelled between 30 and 14 days of the event will be subject to a charge of 25% of the total room hire cost
- Bookings cancelled after 14 days before the event will be subject to the total room hire cost.
- Butterwick may cancel the hiring at any time without stating a reason and if so Butterwick shall refund to the hirer all monies paid. Any monies payable for the period of the hire unpaid at the time of cancellation shall cease to be payable unless the cancellation is due to some act or default of the hirer provided always that Butterwick shall not be liable to pay any compensation to the hirer in respect of such cancellation.