For comment or clarification on any topic that involves Butterwick Hospice Care, Hospice services generally or a related subject please contact either:
Jackie Firth, Publicity & Marketing Manager on 01642 607742 or 07584 150610 or email [email protected] or
Graham Leggatt-Chidgey, Chief Executive on 01642 607742 or 07973 865617 or email [email protected]
Butterwick Hospice Care incorporates Butterwick Hospice in Stockton, Butterwick House Children's Hospice and Butterwick Hospice at Bishop Auckland.
Butterwick is a registered charity (no: 1044816) that aims to improve the quality of life for those who have a life limiting illness and their families and to help them relate positively to every challenge they may encounter during their illness and to see death as part of life's journey.
In particular, we will:
- Provide specialist palliative care to children and adults with life limiting conditions.
- Ensure each person receives care in a homely environment.
- Provide holistic centred care by responding to and respecting the patients' and families' individual physical, social, cultural, educational, spiritual and emotional needs throughout the illness and bereavement.
- Acknowledge and respect the way the family cares for the relative and endeavour to continue the chosen pattern of care.
- Work together in developing an environment based on support and mutual respect.
- Reflect on experiences of care in order to improve the quality of our service.
- Work together with other service providers to ensure continuity of care.