Top 7 GNR Fundraising Ideas – Raise Support and Sponsorship Money!
Thu 14th Apr 2016
Butterwick Hospice aims to raise as much money as possible through its charity events and the fantastic efforts of each and every one of its supporters – including our #RunForButterwick participants!
We want to make it as easy as possible for our Great North Run 2016 entrants to raise money through their friends, family, colleagues and even strangers, which is why we’ve compiled a variety of ways for you to do just that!
Let’s all get our heads together and think big when we #RunForButterwick!
Top 7 Fundraising Ideas for Great North Run entrants
1. Set up a Virgin Money Giving page OR a JustGiving page to encourage friends and family to support your efforts, without having to worry about handing a sponsor form to people – just share the URL!
2. Use our Sweepstake sheet to raise money for your Great North Run sponsorship target (the prize doesn’t have to be much and you might already have a prize at home)! Our Sweepstake sheet is provided in your running pack once you sign up.
3. Host a barbeque (weather permitting) for friends and family and a final chance to raise some funds for your Great North Run sponsorship!
4. Organise a jumble sale or take part in a car boot with all proceeds going towards your final tally – get friends and family to donate items to your stall too!
5. A raffle is a great way to raise money and we can help with setting up. Raffle tickets must be professionally printed if they are to be sold over a period of days. Books of cloakroom tickets or ‘raffle books’ are only OK for raffles drawn in the same day. Call our team on 01642 628930 or 01388 660644 for more details on this.
6. Get one of our official collecting cans and buckets to help you raise some extra pennies towards your race sponsorship – get in touch via 01642 628930 or 01388 660644.
7. Karaoke evenings, Coffee mornings and Quiz/Race/Wine & Cheese Nights are all fun extra ways to raise a huge amount of money for Butterwick Hospice!
Share your favourite fundraising tips – including those sponsored silences and chest waxes – with us on Twitter using the hashtag #RunForButterwick and support your fellow runners!
#RunForButterwick is the hashtag we use for all of our participants to join in the chat regarding our charity running events. Share fitness tips, fundraising ideas and exercise goals with people who want to support our local hospices today!