Pre-Race Essentials For The Great North Run With Butterwick Hospice
Fri 3rd Jun 2016
We know that you are working hard to get yourself ready to #RunForButterwick in the Great North Run.
So that you don’t have to stress over your pre-race plans and preparation, we have created a list of helpful things to bring with you on the day:
• Paperwork – Any race confirmation documents, parking details and race number.
• Safety pins -To secure your race number to top.
• Vaseline -Vaseline will help you prevent chafing.
• Plasters - Try to take ordinary and blister plasters.
• Food – Bring plenty of snacks and salt tablets if you have used them throughout your training.
• Water – Make sure you have plenty of water and sports drinks/gels, again if you have used them throughout your training.
• Clothing - Although you may not need one bring a hat and some arm warmers to keep you warm before the race.
• Sunglasses / Sun cream –We might not see it that often but the sun does sometimes shine in the North East! SPF lip balm will also come in handy.
• Gadgets – If you have been using a sports watch or a fitness tracker make sure you are wearing them throughout the race.
• Running belt -To hold your race fuels like energy bars to keep you going and some plasters for emergencies.
• Water bottle
• Extra clothes – Take a change of clothing for after the race.
• Food – It’s important to rehydrate and fill up on carbs and proteins once you get your breath back!
Now you know what you need you can make sure you have it all packed and ready for the day. We are very grateful that you are running for our cause and we appreciate the support!
If you have any questions or want to chat with other Butterwick runners use our hashtag #RunForButterwick on Twitter and join in the conversation.