How Volunteering Helps You
Working as a volunteer for Butterwick Hospice can greatly improve your career prospects and it can develop your experience, skills, knowledge, team working, and self confidence and you can make many new friends.
Experience as a volunteer looks good on your CV, and impresses prospective employers because it shows you are responsible, committed and you care.
We could even train you to widen your skills and qualifications as in some areas of our work we are able to offer accredited training.
We depend upon our volunteers and we need more. There is a wide range of roles that are carried out by volunteers. These roles include:
- General maintenance around the Hospices
- Reception duties
- Adminstration and office work
- Domestic, laundry and housekeeping
- Fundraising and merchandising
- Working in our shops
- Working in the warehouse that supplies our shops
- Collecting and delivering shop stock
- Selling lottery tickets
- Complementary therapy practitioners
- Arts and crafts assistants
- Flower arranging
- Care worker for in-patients, day care or children's hospice
- Family support worker/bereavement counsellor
- Catering assistant
- Coffee shop attendant
You could choose something relating to your studies, a hobby or interest or something based on past work experience. You could also choose something you have never done before but would like to try. You will be given training and support in which ever role you choose
If you would like more information fill out the enquiry form and send it to us or telephone either Marjorie Hall on (01642) 607742 or Judith Hutchings on (01388) 603003. We can then discuss how we can help each other.