Day Care Service - Bishop Auckland Hospice
Information about Day Care for patients attending Bishop Auckland Hospice.
Butterwick Hospice at Bishop Auckland offers a bright friendly and homely environment where patients can meet each other and socialise. Patients are supported by a team of skilled professionals and volunteers, receive helpful advice and treatments, take part in lots of activities if they wish to and leave after each visit with a greater feeling of wellbeing.
To ensure that you receive the best quality care and attention at all times the Hospice has a large team of people all working together to meet your requirements.
What is available?
- The chance to meet other people with similar problems in a safe, friendly environment.
- The opportunity to discuss your worries or symptoms with specialist nurses and other specialist clinical practitioners to achieve control of any troublesome symptoms associated with your illness.
- Diversional activities such as crafts, artwork, quizzes for those who want to participate but there is no obligation to join in if you do not wish to do so.
- The opportunity to enjoy an aromatherapy massage. Aromatherapy and counselling can also be offered as an outpatient service and in certain circumstances can be extended to home visits.
- The Chiropodist visits the Hospice monthly. If you wish to make use of this service please let us know.
- Specialist physiotherapy is available and is tailored to your individual needs.
You will be offered a choice of menu for lunch at each visit. Should you wish for something different our catering staff will do their best to oblige. Special diets are not a problem. Hot and cold drinks are available throughout the day.
How Much Will It Cost?
There is no charge for Day Hospice attendances or for volunteer transport. The Day Hospice staff will gladly try to answer any other questions and concerns you may have.
For more information about Day Care Services at Bishop Auckland Hospice please follow this link to our Day Care Patient Information leaflet or you can contact the Registered Manager directly by telephone on 01388 603003 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org